Crocheted flowers are so pretty! They may look simple but they can jazz up any plain old beanie, headband and bags and they are quick to make. They can also be incorporated into craft projects. I will be using these flowers for a card – a little something for someone special (hint: Mother’s Day!!!).
This flower is very easy to make. I used 8 ply yarn and a 4mm hook but of course you can use whichever yarn and hook size you prefer.
The flower is worked in a spiral and begins with a magic ring. The flower only has 2 rounds – 1 round with single crochet stitches and the other round have half double crochets and double crochets worked into the single crochet stitches to make the petals.
Follow bellow steps to make your own simple crocheted flower.
– 8 ply yarn (US = Light Worsted / UK = DK)
– 4mm crochet hook (US = G/6 / UK = 8)
– yarn needle
Abbreviations (US Terms):
sc – single crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc – double crochet
sl st – slip stitch
ch – chain
Watch video below.
Or follow below steps.
1. Make 5 sc in magic ring.
2. Ch 1.
3. Sl st to 1st sc.
4. In the same space as the sl st, work 1 hdc…
5. … then 3 dc’s…
6. … and 1 hdc. This is one petal.
7. Repeat the pattern for the remaining 4 stitches (sl st, 1 hdc, 3 dc, 1 hdc).
9. Sl st to the ch 1 and fasten off to finish the flower.
Use the yarn needle to weave in hide the yarn ends at the back.