Mother’s Day is just around the corner. Surprise mum this year with a bouquet of flowers that will last forever.
In my last post, I made a tutorial for simple crocheted flowers and for Mother’s Day this year, I decided to use the flowers to embellish a greeting card.
Handmade gifts come straight from the heart so follow these simple steps to make mum a bouquet of flowers she can keep for years to come.
You will need:
A4 Paper Card (fold in half)
Craft Tissue Paper (cut into 25 cm x 12cm)
6x Crocheted Flowers (follow the tutorial here)
- Scrunch up the tissue paper.
- Smooth out the tissue paper and lay it flat.
- Fold one side of the tissue paper into a triangle (a to b).
- Fold the tissue paper in half (c to d).
- Fold one side of the tissue paper to the other side (e to f)
- Cut only one layer of the tissue paper as shown.
- Flip the tissue paper over and fold the sides as shown (g & h). Carefully cut ( i ).
- Turn the tissue over so it resembles an ice-cream cone. Pinch the tissue paper at ( j ).
- Cut ( k ).
- Tie a ribbon on the pinched area.
- Apply hot glue to the folded sides (g & h) and the back of the ribbon then carefully place on the card.
- Finally glue the crocheted flowers on the card, above the tissue paper.
Get creative and make the bouquet in mum’s favourite colours. Spritz it with mum’s favourite perfume. It may cost next to nothing, but it will make mum’s day very special.
Since my little girl started going to school, mother’s day has been extra special. She always surprises me with handmade gifts she makes in class. Last year she made me a teapot card with a tea bag attached to it. I still have it, even the tea bag! 🙂
To all the mums, I hope you all have a wonderful Mother’s Day!